Defense contractors must meet challenging requirements for high reliability in harsh, mission critical environments. Intense product qualification and long life cycles for low-to-moderate volume products are a way of life for manufacturers of military equipment.
As a leader among military wire harness manufacturers, Segue is ITAR registered and has worked with a variety of defense customers to streamline product development, respond to engineering changes, improve reliability, lower costs, and demonstrate excellence in manufacturing agility.
Segue offers a unique blend not found in typical domestic or overseas contract manufacturers in their core ability and passion to design and develop tooling of unique electromechanical components which when combined with standard off-the-shelf components provides a true “turn-key” deliverable of complex, hybrid electro-mechanical printed circuit board assemblies or cable assemblies in a cost effective manner.
Dave Truesdell, Director of Engineering, David Clark Company
Applications for Military Cable Assemblies
- Military robotic systems
- Electronic sub-systems for unmanned air vehicles
- Mission critical networking
- Secure Communications
- Satellite communications and navigation
- Military Vehicle sub-systems and wire harnesses
- Power distribution
- IR and UV Imaging Systems
- Radar Systems
- Electronic Flight Instrumentation
- Explosive detection and detonation systems
- Weapons sighting systems
Expert Design and Manufacturing of Military Cable Assemblies
We have extensive experience providing our military and defense customers with exceptional design expertise for complex cables and sub-assemblies that mesh with the overall design. We also provide an extensive range of testing capabilities to ensure safety and fully reliable function of complex box builds.
Call us today at 978-970-1200 to discuss your military cable assembly requirements.
Segue has become a critical partner for several major defense customers by providing:
- Design Expertise: Segue collaborates as an integrated design team member with several military equipment suppliers to concurrently design complex cables and related sub-assemblies that are incorporated into the customer’s overall system design.
- Military Focused Production and Program Management Capabilities:
- Rugged and durable military cable assemblies and box-builds on a kanban replenishment basis
- Quick-turn molded and over molded cables as well as prototype cables for design verification and qualification
- Material, process and test traceability as required
- Dedicated Program Manager for large projects providing a single point-of-contact
- Formal business continuity and disaster recovery plans
- ISO 9001:2008 Registered
- Workforce trained to IPC-A-610, IPC-A-620, J-STD 001 and MIL-HDBK-454 standards
- Small business designation for government contracts
- Visual process procedures, dedicated tooling to ensure reliability
- Wide range of testing capabilities from automated cable testing to full functional test on sophisticated box builds
- ITAR Registered: Segue ensures that military technologies are only shared with US nationals and persons with special exemption from the Department of State. Under the ITAR registration Segue has the clearance to work in conjunction with the U.S. Military and its counterparts.