Engineering services are a core competency and a critical component of Segue’s total solution suite. Segue engineers assist our customers with DfX (Design for Manufacturability, Reliability, Serviceability and Component Availability) to reduce costs and improve reliability and delivery. Our engineers can assist with transitioning products from concept and prototype through pilot production. The end result is a cost effective, well documented, and scalable manufacturing process.
Our Commitment to Focus on What We Do Best
Segue’s engineers are experts at cable and control/power panel and electromechanical design. That is what we do… and we do it well. Most customers do not have dedicated cable designers or control and power systems layout personnel. Rather electrical engineers who are responsible for other core elements of the system are often tasked to perform these tasks. Given our focus and experience, we are confident that our team, working hand-in-hand with your engineers, can quickly identify opportunities to simplify designs or lower costs… and do it in the first release.
Furthermore, as a contract manufacturing company, our engineers bring a lean manufacturing focus to the design of your product. We are tenacious in finding ways to reduce costs during design, such as:
Segue offers a unique blend not found in typical domestic or overseas contract manufacturers in their core ability and passion to design and develop tooling of unique electromechanical components which when combined with standard off-the-shelf components provides a true “turn-key” deliverable of complex, hybrid electro-mechanical printed circuit board assemblies or cable assemblies in a cost effective manner.
Dave Truesdell, Director of Engineering, David Clark Company
Segue provides a number of engineering solutions that are matched to your specific needs.
- New Product Introduction (NPI) Services: Learn how you can benefit from contracting with Segue to become part your NPI engineering team for the modules and sub-systems that will be manufactured at Segue
- Manufacturing Launch and Risk Reduced China Transition Services: Segue offers a packaged program to work with your design teams to ensure that all the pieces are in place to release a new product to manufacturing and ramp production with minimal disruptions
- Contract engineering support: Segue can provide engineers on your site, under your management to bring our focused cable and electrical panel design know-how to your projects
- Sustaining engineering for mature products: Segue provides sustaining engineering services so that you can focus your limited resources on major new products:
- Engineering Change Order (ECO) implementation & support
- CAD conversions and Product/Process documentation
- DfX and Cost reduction programs
- RoHS compliance and Conflict Minerals Compliance
- Reliability upgrades
Segue employs the latest engineering tools and systems to efficiently deliver our engineering services, including design tools such as:
- CAD/CAM Software for: SolidWorks, AutoCAD, Pro/E
Segue has developed a suite of design and manufacturing processes: These checklists and templates to streamline our engineering services and ensure that they are delivered in a high quality, repeatable manner:
- ECO Request and Authorization Forms
- Manufacturing Readiness checklist
- First article feedback and approval forms
- DfX checklist
- On-line project plans
- Open Issues Checklist